OC asks: 6, 30, 31, 38nintenerd64
6.Two OCs of yours that look alike despite not being related?
This has actually happened a few times and been something I think about!
- Jinfèng looks like Kyrielle, Jinhuáng’s human form, but they’re not related. It occurs to me just now it may be that the bird chose her because she saw herself in Jinfèng, but that’s not set in stone.
- Glass Guardian kinda resembles Ssiv, but is not necessarily related even though they have kind of an “ancestor” role.
- Similar “ancestor role but not necessarily literal ancestor” thing going on with Lance and Fauchard.
- Hughes in a number of ways seems like he could be Ariana’s dad but first he’d be her great-great-grandpa or something if anything and second I don’t see them as being related.
Also there are some where I recycled old design motifs or sometimes just accidentally made them alike for no reason
- I borrowed the webbed-foot-long-leg “egret fenghuang” appearance for Dà Jinhuáng from Yukibakuhou from the Tyrian project
- The bird/pterosaur wing people. Kate was initially my homestuck persona and then she became a distinct character and then I partly recycled her aesthetic for my first attempt at a gemsona, Agate. Kate’s aesthetic may or may not have partially come from my “Reborn Kojirou” thing. Arkturuse kinda resembles him colour-wise, too.
- The first design idea I got for Demantoid reminded me a lot of Sleipnir’s original form (now that it’s much later I realised drawing him in his original form there was a pretty noncanon thing to do but oh well :p), though I didn’t intend for it to at all
- Tsuneo (Pokémon trainer sorta-persona-sorta-not) looks kinda like Wit (monster trainer parody in Tyrian) by total accident
- Ohhh yeah there was that thing with Kazahiko (Tyrian) and Ariana both having missing dads and fighting cats with wings
30. Which one of your OCs would most likely have a secret stuffed animal collection?
Ariana, probably. I could see her having a bunch of weird abstract stuffed animals (not MB-like but just kinda random artistic things that sorta look like creatures and sorta not) that are kind of inspiration.
31. Pick one OC of yours and explain what their tumblr blog would be like (what they reblog, layout, anything really)
Heh, this is kind of a funny question to me because RFS is set in an setting where there isn’t widespread internet yet, much less Web 2.0 (in its main world, anyway). Like, the little that’s there is in the most-pages-are-barely-formatted-messes-of-tables stage.
Hughes probably fits the tumblr paradigm best. I could totally imagine him being like a mock sbnkalny/dril/whoever and posting nothing but these single-sentence posts of random isolated blues lyrics he suddenly thought of with like no context or explanation on the blog anywhere (there’s just this heading reading “Cyaneas Hughes.” and a blurb on the side of about two sentences that conveys literally nothing but aesthetic), and whenever anyone wrote an ask like the nasty ones sbnkalny gets or even just a neutral one asking what was up all he would do is respond with another random lyric that soooort of sounded like an explanation but didn’t explain anything
Very occasionally instead of a lyric he reblogs a random photo of scenery that’s particularly interesting mood-wise
38. Which one of your OCs would be the best dancer?
Dark Teapot hands down. His theme song is a freaking waltz that he’s supposed to be doing crazy footwork during and these are a couple of its lyrics:
I can swing through the vast nothing / shamalamaling / like the ding of a rose
I can glide like the lightened side of the great divide in a shadefox’s trace
Among the main characters I could totally imagine Ariana just suddenly breaking out in a really bold funky dance she learned from the Techs.