I was starting to revise my update again (it’s still really coming, don’t worry!) but… then I suddenly started working on “Ferdisza Vahyuata Morsza” (Yanha’s song) instead.
I hadn’t been able to make progress on that song for a while and suddenly I have a lot of motivation to work on it, so I’m not sure if this is a good thing or a bad thing.
The Blazondeer, plus a chart I was working on that was supposed to show all the mystery beings. About 2/3 of the way through I decided I needed to expand the neutral column in the middle into two columns (and re-evaluate everything in it) and add another one at the right though, so I had to abandon it.
A while after I made clay-Yanha I decided to make another Insulator, but this time in Blender. This one was more meant to be a generic Insulator, though as of right now I don’t see Yanha having many structural differences from the norm, so I was kind of meaning to just use it for Yanha too with a different texture.
Going to try to build and animate a 3D Insulator in Blender. I’ve never used armatures before, so this might not be easy.
Also I have no idea how I’m going to get the legs to flop like a tiger but the middle to be fluid yet dense like a snake.
I’m currently kind of revising the canon as far as attributes, particularly Undirected attributes, go, so at the same time, I’m trying to work on revising the assortment of mystery beings to better fit that. There aren’t going to be any new attributes added, at least not at this time; I’m just better clarifying “ways” each attribute can “be”, if that makes any sense.
What prompted me to do this is that I got an idea for a new type of Undirected mystery being that’s especially hostile, shadowy, and mysterious. At first I just got the image of a Portent one like that,
It’s that time again. Time for another Stablehand scrap update! I was putting out stuff kind of fast in the past couple of months, such that I didn’t really have time to update this blog, but now’s the time to fix that.
Meet my new hat.
It’s felt, repels water, and came with a silly booklet filled with random stuff about hats. (Like, seriously, there was a teeny bit of maybe useful care information, but then the rest of it was all snippets of historical trivia and etymologies of various expressions involving “hat”. …Um, what?)
Anyway I finally have a hat that looks like my personaish character’s hat, which I can use as a reference, and also just to look awesome.
So that’s good.
WIP of my new Destiny Attribute poster!
It’s looking a bit crowded right now…
Finally I tried to make some colour palettes for the Destiny attributes! [sic]
They’re pretty tentative, especially Esteem (I wanted two of the colours to be “hexart colours” but I need to figure out what those would be first XD) and even when this chart is done these exact hex colours probably won’t be the “de facto” colour used for the attributes all the time because I like to change things up sometimes.
The swan thing I coloured with each of the palettes was just a really ad hoc thing I drew specifically for that purpose; I don’t plan to actually use it in Stablehand but if you really like it for some weird reason it’s under the same licence.
A very rough start on the Observer.
(“Pet” form; I’m going to try to make “boss” form a shape key if I can)
I’d been at a loss for how to expand the Artes Geometriarum. Maybe this is an idea?
I forget if I uploaded these things already, I think I didn’t though.
An attempt to give the Synergiser internal anatomy, and doodles I made back when I only had nine mystery beings designed.
Recently I downloaded this dragon virtual pet game to my tablet. It was kind of neat, and I guess the baby dragon is cute.
But then I discovered that it left a textures folder in my pictures folder next to its screenshots one, and that sure enough, there was the dragon texture. I got excited and sent it to my computer to edit it with GIMP, then sent it back, and sure enough, my dragon was now sporting about twice as awesome a colour scheme.
I based it on my vague ideas for designing Fafnir for DCS mostly, though the red eyes came from Quietus.
Whoa, hemi lights look a LOT better than the other lights I was trying to use.
It’s a shame you can’t see the spots as well now that everything is shaded properly. I’m going to try to make an actual texture today* so you can actually see this thing’s colours and patterns and I will finally have a “de facto reference” with correct colours, proportions, and everything, for the Insulator.
I’m also going to make a Yanha skin using the same texture map so you have a reference for Yanha specifically. (English: After I paint it with olive and viridian, I’m also gonna create a blue and white version.)
* An actual texture, like, made in GIMP, instead of Blender vertex paint, which is what you see here. it’s pretty good for very quickly and sloppily colouring things, but it’s really… low-resolution, I think is a good way of putting it, so you can’t really paint designs that are the least bit detailed with it.